Parquet floor restoration can be an arduous process that is best left to the experts. If you have been considering rejuvenating your parquet tiles with a new finish because they are currently looking a bit lacklustre, then you should be aware that parquet refinishing can be a lengthy and labour intensive process. But don’t worry, our expert restoration team at Southern Cross Flooring will get your floor looking amazing once again and will save you the stress of tackling the job yourself.
Is your flooring starting to look a little tired? Or have you recently moved into a house with parquet flooring that’s in need of some attention?
Parquet flooring is widely admired and revered for its unique patterning and classic styling, but like all wooden flooring, it can show wear and age over time.
If you have been lucky enough to discover parquet flooring concealed beneath your carpet, then you have probably found out the hard way that it can require some expert care and attention to return it to its former glory.
- At Southern Cross Flooring our team of experienced specialists can install and restore your parquet flooring.
- We can transform even the most aged and stained flooring into a stunning feature in your home.
- The beauty of wooden flooring is that it can be given a new lease of life without the need for replacement, all you need is some expert care and skill to make it look wonderful once again.
PARQUET FLOOR MAINTENANCE
You should consider your parquet flooring as a true investment, and one that, if you provide the right care for it, will increase the value of your home and look beautiful for decades to come.
- If your parquet flooring is currently looking dull and uninspiring, you could first consider refinishing it. However, if you find that there’s a lot of wear, grit and dirt that’s built-up on the surface of your floor, it’s likely you’ll need to get our team to carefully strip the floor back and refinish it, restoring it to how it should look.
- If your parquet floor has been damaged, you might be considering a complete replacement of the whole floor. However, it may be that once we’ve assessed your floor, we can offer parquet floor restoration which may include only partial replacement. In circumstances where a corrosive material has damaged your flooring for example, or where water has stained only a select few tiles, we may be able to offer a professional wooden floor sanding that sands the damage away. If you have a lot of loose or broken blocks, we’ll find wood that closely matches your current floor before replacing the damaged tiles with brand new, or reclaimed ones.
- Where new sections require staining to match sections of your existing floor, our team of floor finishing specialists will ensure that we carefully blend new with old as closely as possible.
- Many homeowners prefer to fill all the gaps between wooden pieces, for a smooth and uniform appearance. This method is particularly preferred where flooring is to be stained, as the stain can make any imperfections very noticeable. If you do desire this look for your floor then we methodically use wood filler to smooth over any gaps and ensure an even surface.
- If you have parquet flooring in your Teddington home that is showing some light cosmetic wear, you may wish to take it in a new direction with some colour staining to give it a new lease of life. The team at Southern Cross Flooring will be happy to advise and demonstrate stain colours, to make sure you know what to expect with your newly finished floor. As with all of our stains, we will initially test it for you in a corner or a discreet spot. This will help you to determine the exact finish that you’d like to achieve with your restored flooring.
- We can replace blocks after leveling-off the floor uniformly, removing traces of old bitumen. We then sand the entire surface to eliminate all traces of the previous varnish or lacquer. A clear stain enhances the wood grain, whilst a coloured stain helps to match your floor with the décor of your walls.
- The final step in the parquet floor restoration process is to protect the floor with a lacquer finish, or if you prefer a more natural look, a hard wax oil.
Parquet flooring is often removed and salvaged when homes undergo a complete renovation. We believe in responsible recycling wherever possible and are happy to source previously used wood.
So, if you are excited to see what can be achieved with your fully restored parquet floor, why not get in touch with Southern Cross Flooring today and let us assess your floor and see how we can transform it for you. Our team of experts can bring your neglected and worn parquet flooring back to life in your Teddington home, even if you have chipped, missing, or damaged blocks, don’t worry, we can still fully restore it for you by pairing it with the right wood and cutting it to fit perfectly.
Southern Cross Flooring is a premium quality parquet flooring supplier that covers all aspects of parquet flooring installation and we specialise in wooden floor sanding and restoration. We promise to get your parquet floor looking as good as new in no time!